Saturday, September 13, 2014

A stormy practice, I guess:)

Another storm is going to fall anytime today.It has been, in fact, torrentially raining since yesterday. My vow to practice on a Sunday at the shala (this month) was a bit disturbed as I wasn't that sure whether I'm gonna make it or not. Anyway, I was able to arrive early and settled in my favorite spot. I was ready to practice when I suddenly was distracted by the strong smell of the paint or something. Since I have rhinitis, I am basically very sensitive to fragrance like this.

Everyone was  disturbed. Two practitioners even suspended their practice. The mexican teacher talked to me and I told him I had a difficulty breathing. I wanted to give up the practice too but i still thought, I needed to be there badly.

I frequently sniffed and went out at least once. My head's already heavy. I was thankful I was able to survive. I was humbled as i went on with my asanas. My teacher gave me constructive feedbacks, particularly with my laghu and kappotassana. I am still not that strong. He patiently helped me.

I guess I wasn't paying attention to his instructions for he reminded me of this. I didn't even notice. It always takes one wise teacher to detect. 

I finished my practice. My eyes were teary...until now. My head's heavy. My nose clogged. I had to use my inhaler.

The rain is so overwhelming outside. I am emotional. I am a victim of rhinitis. I  am stormy too. Still, the universe is stronger. I am sure, just like the storm, things will be alright.

keep safe everyone. 

Om shanti, shanti. 

No comments:

Post a Comment