Tuesday, April 7, 2015

My 44th

The last time I checked in here was roughly two months ago. That was long enough. Believe me, I have been wanting to share so much about what has happened to me during that period but there must have been something that disabled me.

University life was both tough and fun. I guess that's a given. In the midst of my teaching and having a blast with my students, I also have episodes of wanting to give up. I guess I will be writing about this stuff in my next entry, hopefully.

Yes, I am 44 and what is it like? It has been like 5 days ago so I still could not figure out if I am indeed 44. The only thing I know is that I had a blast with life. I am grateful.

I had 3 great celebrations of life this year and I must say I enjoyed every bit of it. The people I have been with for the past years are very helpful with my growth. With them and through them, I have learned to value my worth as a person. My family, despite the distance has always been there. I can feel that.

I have few great friends at the university.They are those that I can easily laugh at life with. More importantly, my yoga community is growing. I need to say that I am overwhelmed with the fact that in this lifetime, I have met my likeminds. My heart of hearts knows that these are the kind of people I would like to hang out with. They are those that remind me in their own special way that I am loved,  that life is good and the universe loves me no less despite my idiosyncracies. 

I am forever thankful to the teachers of yoga for bringing into life the practice. I am grateful for the teachers I have  been with. To my teacher Jon, who has become one of my dearest and closes male likemind - I am forever  grateful. God must have been so happy knowing I have finally found my home-in YOGA.

I am 44 and I am grateful. There is so much work to do. One thing I learn within the past few days is that I need be practice, practice and to believe that all is coming. I would like the thank the great Pattabi Jois for this wisdom.

Namaste everyone.

Here are some photos of my celebrating my double 4. 


No comments:

Post a Comment