Monday, June 25, 2012

Being a Vincentian-Adamsonian

 

I am a Marian-Jesuit educated being and I have been this way ever since until I am given the opportunity to teach in the university that embraces the Vincentian spirituality. I am beginning to embrace the Vincentian-Adamsonian culture and this is exactly a  great journey for me.

What better way to start my journey than having this prayer by heart.

      Dear Lord,

          Teach me the things that are important;
          To be generous with your gifts,
          Compassionate to those who have less,
          Just in the face of unfair circumstances, 
          Trust when the world's values contradict my own,
           Gracious when things don't go my way,
           And magnanimous when they do.

           May nothing else matter
           Except faith  in your goodness. my neighbor's and mine
           Hope things can get better
           And Charity that always sets things right.

          May Your special Love for the Poor,
          The mark of my uniquely Vincentian education,
          Be the work I excel in,
          The standard I constantly refer to,
           And my courage when I meet You someday.

           With Mary our Mother and Saint Vincent de Paul,

           AMEN!
  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment