Sunday, June 10, 2012

Random thoughts (6/10)


On going back to teach

Tomorrow is gonna be a D day for me as I will be embracing the academe again. My employment was unexpected and I would like to believe that the Universe has planned this ahead, even before I enrolled in the theology program. It has been a week since I had been travelling to the University which will be my home this semester. It was fun so far listening to talks/lectures/orientation but  my body is still adjusting to the long bus rides in the afternoon. What with the pollution and traffic.Then there is also the pressure of getting a good internet spot to call my online students. My rhinitis attacks often and it is weakening my system. What's in store tomorrow and the rest of the days is not within my grasp. I have worries, apprehensions, and even doubts. Will I be an effective theology teacher? I lift it up to the ONE up  there. He knows what he is all about.

Fear not, then Jenny.

On Nostalgia

I still have days of wishing to go back to the times when there were less things to do and think of. I still wish to be a child again and just think of having fun in the sun not  minding what's gonna happen next. It is still fresh memory to me...that summer breeze and the gentle rain when all I did was play with friends and daydream for as long as I wanted. There is still in me that lingering feeling of simply being caught up with purity, innocence, freshness, newness and simplicity.

Believe me,I know life is not gonna be the same again. Sooner or later, I will age much and will say goodbye to this temporal abode. Ask me what's the best part of my life and I could tell you it was when I was more carefree. I am thinking of those times specially now that there are more on my shoulders.

I am glad I have this reminiscing. It makes me become more human.

On Yoga and losing weight

It was only last week that I learned that I lost a lot of weight. If not for my annual medical check up, I would not know that I only weigh 47.5 kg. and that's like 95 pounds only. With my height, I guess I find it too much but I am glad to know that other than my allergy, my health is fine.

My yogic life has tremendous effects  on my body. I am not aiming to lose weight really but It's part of the package. Meatless diet helps make me lighter.

Practice is getting better too. My teacher is leading me to the secondary series already. I have not imagined this.My body's a great creation of God.I am very grateful.Om.

No comments:

Post a Comment