Saturday, December 18, 2010

Day 2

I slept well last night .Heavy flow of energy is felt until now.The weather is cold in here for it's raining.Breakfast and lunch were healthy.I had my morning walk outside the retreat house while taking some photos of the freshly watered flowers.I also spent some moments at the donwstairs chapel.I just sat there in silence.I could hear my heart beating irregularly and my mind's clogged.I've tried breathing exercises though.My body just needed rest still.I went inside my room afterwards, stayed in bed and listened to my ipod while reading anotherJostein Gaarder novel.By the way, I just finished The Ringmaster's Daughter yesterday.

Like what I had mentioned, I am not here for a rigid spiritual journey but the whole place brings me slowly into healing.There is so much of nature that abound in here that my vulnerability at the moment is strengthened.The rain continues to pour gently to the ground and the trees and grasses are becoming greener.

I went out after lunch to buy some items at a nearby mall.I could see all kinds of people around.I watched the driver of the tricycle and I thought how hardworking he was.I was asking myself if he had a good lunch or if he earned well.I saw people on the streets.Each paced to his destination.I was thinking about why I'm here.I purposely seek refuge because of my weakness and there are those that are out there in the rain tyring to make both ends meet perhaps.I felt a sense of sadness maybe because I wanted to journey with them in the discomforts that they may be having.Perhaps my frailty at the moment is not in comparison with the old man and woman peddling or the workers who had to find shelter in front of the retreat house but I am still in pain.I have to dwell with this.This is how life works in me.It's enough that I'm here and listening to my body.I only have one day left before I'll get to go back home.By that time, I am praying my energy would be replenished.

I am waiting for my students.I can still hear the gentle droplets.

No comments:

Post a Comment