Monday, December 20, 2010

Day 3

After having breakfast, I went out and took a ride to the mountains to visit the transfiguration monastery.Of course, i knew that I had to walk some distance before I could reach the place.The road was muddy for it was raining last night.There were only few people I met on my way.Each of them seemed to be very busy with some mundane tasks.The laidback life was such a cause of envy at some point.It was no joke arriving to my destination.I had to take some shortcuts because it was indeed very far.I made my own trail along the grassy and muddy field.I was a bit scared knowing that there were certainly snakes there.I had to even run so I could reach a clearer space.My pants were decorated with all those thorns.My shoes were covered with mud.I was greeted by a young boy telling me that I was alomost there.After like thirty minutes, I reached the top and the guard could tell that I was alone and I was taking the short cut since I looked awful.Anyway, I had to take off my shoes since they're all so muddy.I met an old man and his daughter cleaning the place.After sitting in silence, i talked to him while he offered to take some photos of me.He hesitated to have their photos taken with me.I understood.I felt so tired after all the treading.There was no way for me though to take a ride back so I had to walk again.It was just good Kuya told me to take another route that's not very dangerous and would only take me one and a half kilometers.While walking, I had to pretend that I wasnt afraid of snakes or any other animals around.Kuya assured me actually that there were a lot of snakes in the area.I wanted to run fast again but I decided to take my cool.Listening to my ipod and saying few prayers helped.I thankfully got to the highway safely .I just looked so awful with my hair in total disarray and my pants and shoes all painted with mud.I took a ride back to the retreat house after visiting the city's Cathedral.I was really so hungry and thirsty that I ended up devouring whatever was there on the table for me.

While resting in bed, I said a prayer of thanksgiving.The sight of me jumping and leaping on my way to the top was one of my defining moments.The freedom that I experienced that time was beyond description.Christmas is giving myself what It truly deserves.It's totally pampering myself to the joys of life that money cant really buy.It's not only my family nor friends that can make me whole.Simply being attuned to nature in its simples form is what I was desiring...and I got it.

My being here for 3 days is not only about rest.It's not only about prayer too.It's simply going back to where I came from.Myself.It's not easy though.I needed to experience my body pains to be brought here but it was worth it.

I'm not yet physically fine.I am still emotional and tired but my heart leaps for joy.I will be going back to CDO tomorrow.I would bring with me the 3 days that I spent with myself and my GOD wherever.

I was just walking and saw him like this.I asked him if i coudd take photos of him and he nodded

the entrance to the long walk again...

the monastery...one side

leaning on that big stone at the heart of the chapel

i would really be there...at the other side..awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment