Friday, November 11, 2011

My EWA experience

the Feminists
    


The Ecclesia of Women in Asia 5 has just culminated and I am so grateful for the opportunity to be part of it. Almost forty women (feminist) in Asia and the US as well gathered in Kuala Lumpur Malayisa to tackle issues related to women. Specifically, this year's theme was Wired Asia, Toward an Asian Feminist Theology of Human Connectivity. It was my first time to join an international endeavor like this and what made it so special was the fact that I was given the chanc to present my paper to these great women.


Dancing with joy
                                     

I was thinking I would be presenting on the second day but It was a surprise knowing I was the first presentor. I was totally panicking few hours before the conference kicked off. As I started delivering my 20-minute presentation, I realized that I was not anymore my usual self. I noticed that in front of
me were women who were totally supportive of me.I saw how interested they were of my paper.
 After my talk and the dialogue with the other participants, I was bombarded with all praises from these same women. They liked my paper because it was something new. They like my presentation as well. I was totally empowered. I never did imagine I would become that confident. I am forever thankful to my mentor for not giving up on me.

with my mentor, Ma'am Agnes
                                  

As the conference went on, I have come to realize that new doors have opened up for me.
My heart seemed to explode hearing from my mentor how confident she was of me. I have often wondered where my theology struggles will lead me but after the five day encounter with my fellow feminists, I knew I was on the right track...and i still am.

                                 


Thank you everyone.See you again soon.
  

I was emotional on the last day of the conference. I felt so blessed just being there. More than that,I felt so relieved knowing I have found my support system. Sharon Bong told me she's glad I was able to make it there. I was immensely grateful that I have found my place in this venture. It's good to be safe. It's good to have a home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment