Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Cum Laude

Yesterday was a blast! After so many restless months, not to mention the irregular sleep that I incurred, I had finally made it to defend my thesis. It was a very emotional moment for me.
Surprisingly, when i did the opening prayer my voice broke and I was close to crying out loud. It was such a prayer of gratitude and supplication and I was just becoming very vulnerable.

Then I was called to do a 20 minute presentation followed by the dreaded cross examination.Father Caloy and Father Babor were gentle and kind enough to spare me from being grilled that much. Though there were points not fully clarified, I knew from my heart that i did justice to my work.

My mentor was so generous of her feedbacks and recommendations.I have never felt so loved and appreciated of my efforts.

Then the verdict was given after the closed door deliberation. I was declared cum laude and has just graduated with a Masters in Religious Studies. I was elated. My speech was emotional again. I cried and thanked everyone around. I was a totally new person. I was significantly welcomed into the Theology world with flying colors.

What was once only considered fun for me turned out to be another great phase in my life.I have scholarship opportunities coming. Then my paper to be published. Have I  really thought these would happen?albeit, no. I was only trying to learn more as a believer but I was given more than I deserved.


My heart is filled with love and gratitude. My family's glad. I guess the Universe has conspired with me again.

Yes, I am a feminist, a theologian, and a TEACHER!


Powerpointing

With Father Caloy and Mam Agnes, great moral theologians

the assistant to the dean giving the verdict

listening, anticipating

being grateful to all of them

No comments:

Post a Comment