Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Another flood story

The rain continued to pour and as early as 3:30 in the morning, I read a message from colleagues that classes were suspended. I was glad at first of course then I started doing chores after spending few minutes on the mat. My sense of peace was not permanent though because at around 9 am, together with my neighbors, i had to evacuate to the third floor of my landlady's apartment building. The water was above knee level already. I brought nothing except my laptop, my phones, and money. I had no food because i hadn't done any grocery shopping yet.

We were situated comfortably and the seven adults and a 3 year old boy spent the night in the living room. It was also the first time I cooked for several people, new friends at that.

I love how we comforted each other in the most natural way. There's  always humor all around.
The rain still poured in the evening. Then morning came.We're monitoring.The place was still flooded.Water
rose higher.

A few hours after breakfast, the sun came out but not for long. At this juncture, it's raining again.
It's almost our second night here. Our food is not that much but we have each other and we are safe. I guess it's a great blessing.

I have read overwhelming messages of concern and comfort. I am grateful. I kept calling home and updated them with what's happening. I am thinking of my brother.I hope he's alright.

There are people attributing all these to the RH Bill blah blah.There are also those connecting this to the genesis story. ahhh, ENOUGH!

I refuse to comment. It wont help me find my center at this time.I am certain the universe has its reasons why all these happen and I know I am part of the blame.

Anyway, I am still here with the others. I am trying to get by. This too shall pass and there will be another rainbow soon.

I have my peace intact. There is a GOD who is better and bigger than this bad weather.


Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment