Friday, March 29, 2013

A GOOD FRIDAY PRACTICE

The whole christendom is commemorating the death of Jesus Christ today, I supposed. I am a Catholic, yes, and a theologian at that. It has been a while since I forego joining Church rituals during the lemten  season. I have learned to make a  more profound way of remembering Jesus' passion, death and resurrection. I am wholly at home since Monday. There are prayers , meditations and lighting of incense that are done. Because I am alone, it is not difficult for me to keep in touch with what's within me. Alas, my journey has been tough.

With the full moon and the heat, emotions again struggle generally. My body's sore and my breathing dragging. There are issues that constantly haunt me..that of my family(my father's behavior, specially). Food consists mostly of veggies and fruits. I have only eaten rice once this week.:)

This morning, I went to joji's place to practice. Steph was there too. It was really hot and we were contemplating of not pushing through with the asanas. Yogins as we are, we finally convinced ourselves to practice.

I did my primary. I sweated a lot and i loved it. Binding was easier and i felt very light. It was just not to my legs' favor. When i came up from my drop backs, I could not straighten my legs. Joji had to assist me. Dear Universe, Please give me strong legs.:)

Food was very simple but healthy. Conversation was light, humorous and passionate in a way. I love my yoga friends. We were able to watch a film about the Tibetan's practice of choosing the reincarnated dalai lama. (The UNMISTAKEN CHILD)

It was nice lounging with the two yogins. It was a good friday and what better way to remember Jesus' suffering than to be with people with a common cause.

We had to go. It was hot outside. I am filled with peace and joy now. I am glad i perspired and I am thankful for today.

Namaste.





No comments:

Post a Comment