Wednesday, October 31, 2012

How about my own version of "Guinataan"

I am not a good cook in the real sense of the word but I can be applauded when I will whip a dish with love.
MY guinataan
My friend Michelle and I were craving for this native delicacy guinataan since Saturday. I volunteered to make it and she's in charge of buying the ingredients.


Here are the simple things needed.

finely cubed sweet potatoes (camote)
thinly sliced ripe  bananas ( saba)
2 cups of coconut milk
brown sugar
roasted mongo
dough balls (bilo bilo)
tapioca pearl (sago)
half cup of rice

To make my own version, I simply mixed the rice and sweet potatoes (camote) with 5 cups of water and let them boil. When it started  to boil, I constantly stirred  to mix everything.Then after 3 minutes or so, I added the dough balls, roasted mongo and stirred again. After about another 3 minutes, I added the cocounut milk and I kept it to boil. I stirred again to  mix everything and to make it sticky. The bananas were added then the brown sugar. Continuous stirring was done until such a time that everything's cooked.

Everyone had a great snack after. ..It was my first attempt to make it and Michelle loved the outcome.

I was very happy to feed them.




No comments:

Post a Comment