Monday, October 15, 2012

Heavy practice


                          

As I officially start my semestral break today, I made a decision to intensify my practice. I aim to really stand on my own from my backbends.I also want to stay attune to what I am thinking and of course be conscious that there are other things that matter except fretting over low finances and that vicious cycle that haunts my family. Duh!
Lo and behold I had the Shala all by myself this morning but it wasn't exactly the practice that I have been aspiring. I guess I defied the yogic philosophy of just be and never expect. My bad!
My body wasn't very responsive at all. I felt so exhausted even by the mere thought of doing the initial asanas. I wanted to cheat and just hoped to quit but I persisted. My mind was also busy on its own. Thoughts here and there. I just wanted to stop.

After almost 2 hours though I finished the practice. With my breathing heavy and my body tired, I just tried to remember that some days are really stoned.

I learned again to stop doing and just let things flow. Expectations kill the spirit and yes today i just died.

Yoga is my natural state and because it is I am sure I will be fine.

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment