Friday, August 19, 2011

WARRIOR OF THE LIGHT

                                          


I am still on my spiritual semi retreat.It has been my fifth day of receiving HIM at the Eucharist and I am very glad I am doing it.There are still distractions each day but i am more conscious of my  weaknesses and surrendering to HIM is all I can do.

Part of my journey is reading Paulo Coelho's Warrior of the Light.It is a book that chronicles his notes on accepting failures, embracing life and rising to destiny.

Here's some of his thoughts.

Every Warrior of the Light has felt afraid of going into battle.
Every Warrior of the Light has at some time in the past, lied and betrayed someone.
Every Warrior of the Light has trodden a path that was not his.
Every Warrior of the Light has suffered for the most trivial reasons.
Every Warrior of the Light has, at least once, believed that he was not a Warrior of the Light.
Every Warrior of the Light has failed in his spiritual duties.
Every Warrior of the Light has said "yes" when he wanted to say "no."
Every Warrior of the Light has hurt someone he loved.


That is why he is a Warrior of the Light because he has been through all this and yet has never lost hope of being better than he is.

I am this Warrior of the Light and I won't give up until I am victorious. My life's  battles have taught me this.

Namaste, fellow Warriors of the Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment