Friday, April 9, 2010

for the sixth time...(why the heck am i dreaming of that same person?)

i have to admit that i am a dreamer and i do remember most of my dreams.I have just read that people do dream most of their lives at night.it is said that dreams help balance the physical, physiological, emotional and spiritual being of a person.furthermore, we dream because it is one outlet of our unconscious to let out specially that we tend to neglect it due to so much preoccupations during the day.Obviously these are just few of the theories that psychologists and other experts had laid out.At one point or the other, they may or may not really be solid in nature.I dont really want to ramble of blahs blahs about why we dream.I bet this is always part and parcel of our humanity.The bible would recount so many stories about the role of dreams in the faith dimension of the early christians and the jews alike.Joseph was in fact a very prominent character in the sacred book because of his capacity to interpret dreams...big time.In fact, narratives would tell us his interpretations changed the course of the people's lives.

I am a dreamer as i have said earlier and i must admit i do have a grasp of what my dreams mean most of the time.They are most of the time revelations of what's gonna happen and what happened.Most often that not, i dream about other people's lives and what really would happen to them in time.Animal symbols would mean something to me.The snake most of the time signals betrayal or a coming treachery.The dog would hint someone's watching my downfall or that i am watching over someone.The water plays a very significant part of my nightdreams.A serene water naturally symbolizes that my life is on the right track.A dark and murky one would mean a disaster.

A month before Ondoy hit the Philippines, i dreamt that my sink was overflowing with water.I was totally scared because the water went up almost to the second floor.I was basically worried about that.I felt that there was a disaster that would happen but I could not figure out what.I just prayed it wont be tumultous.Then there was Ondoy.I was left swimmming for hours in Cubao and technically stranded for like 18 hours.Worst, my house was flooded up to my sink but didnt reach the second floor.Scary?!

More than 6 years ago, i dreamt i was swimming in the very deep sea trying to save a baby and my friend.I was swimming fast and saved the two of them.It was terrifying.Three days after that dream, my friend, confided to me that she felt she was pregnant.of course it was out of wedlock.I was the first and only person who knew from that day on.when it was confirmed that she's having a baby, i was with her almost the whole time of her pregnancy and all.I was with her until everybody learned about the whole thing.It was a terrible moment at first. The baby i was saving in my dream was born after all that she had to suffer...and i was there.

I had so many stories to tell about my dreams but i wont do it now.i would like to simply stress the point that i am so haunted with the thought of why i keep on dreaming about this person.Today was the sixth time.I am so lost with words to explain as to why i keep on dreaming about him.i am just thankful they're good ones though but still, I dread the thought that this might change how he would think of me.he knows how i treated him similarly with the others.he's a nice young fellow.i didnt even have much time to bond with him and his batch because of time constraint.We did have great times in class and all but that was it.when i woke up this morning and did my morning prayers, i could not help but cry again.For heaven's sake i really dont know why this is happening again.

Someone told me that maybe we're connected in a way.To pacify myself, I'd like to believe that.We're not talking anymore after the night before my birthday.there's no point talking about us.there is nothing to talk about literally.I dont know what's in his mind simply because he didnt open that much when i was with them.I dont really know.I kept on asking him if he was really alright and he said he was.This is silly perhaps for me to write in here but this is the 6th time ever.i have not even dreamt of my significant other this much.

I said a prayer for him today though.I know he's doing well.I just wish I really know why i dreamt of HIM big time.i hope after my writing this..the dreaming stops.please god!

No comments:

Post a Comment