Saturday, April 10, 2010

sunday thoughts!

if i were to trade something that i have now with something else, i guess i would not be able to.i am loving whatever i have and whereever i am at the moment.i always believe that there is never any coincidence in this world.everything happens because they are meant to.i still have questions in my head though.questions like why am i still here at not somewhere with someone?, why on earth do i still feel so childlike within?, why do i cry when people leave? furthermore, i still ask what lies ahead of me?or if there is still life after here.?then when i have so many questions popping into my crazy head, i begin to slow down because i know these and other questions will never be answered right there and then.Things happen because they are meant to happen.To add to that, they happen because we also allow them to.

i met a friend at national bookstore yesterday and i spent few minutes chatting with him.one question came out from his mouth..."Don't you have a plan to marry?" The only respond i could give was a grin.How else will i answer that question?I grinned because i found the question humorous in a way.If i were to ask it now, i guess i would tell him that I dont plan anything anymore.I have been there done that.Most of my plans werent realized the way i wanted them.instead, there were grand things that happened that were not really planned.Call it fate but i really dont give a damn.To lengthen my story, just few minutes after that encounter I was chatting with a crew from pizza hut.Obviously, i was there because it's one my favorite spots to dine.He candidly asked me where's my date?He further asked if i was married or single.Again, i gave my usual grin and quipped.."INTERVIEW?" He smiled and told me he was comfortable asking that because i was already a regular customer.Point taken.I was just hoping he saw me talking with someone afte that.hmmmm, it was just a short date.nah.

The bigger picture is still out there.I once saw a Korean documentary featuring the life of a monk.I was struck with what the traveller answered when he was asked where he would be going after leaving his work totally.He simply answered.."There is still the bigger picture out there.Life does not end when i stop working." In the midst of the material world where I am at the moment, I would like to stress that I am trying to be at peace with myself and with others.I dont want to be frenzied by what society expects of me.Life is better now for me and I dont want to trade it with things that actually dont matter to me at the moment.Don't ask me about my plans to marry.I desire it but there is nature that works best for me.I dont want people tell me they worry about me being alone.There are more people to worry about.There are those who are lonely in the midst of their friends and family.Ask me what my heart is feeling now and i will tell you It's joyful.I have bliss.

Thanks to those who asked me about my life.Perhaps the best question that you could ask next time is..."What have you done to make your life meaningful?" I would surely answer you with a smile for i know what i have done so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment