Monday, April 5, 2010

THINGS I DIDNT DO.....


I was reading again Leo Buscaglia's "Living, Loving and learning " when i came across this very poignant poem written by a young lady who wanted to remain anonymous.This matters to me so much because with my number of years living in this world, there are still things that i never did and do which i should have been doing. I have missed my sister who died when i was only 14.I wanted so much for her to know that i love her and if there's a chance for me to live again during her lifetime, i would certainly be the best sister i was supposed to be.she died at a budding age of 18, and i saw how she suffered and i just realized until now, death is so inevitable.i was a brat for i knew she would protect me.I was so dependent on her.I was so possessive of her.she was all i truly counted on that time.dad and mom were both working and she's been there for me and my siblings.it was a tragic time for my family.it was more for me and my brother because we were entering our adolescent period.i know i could have done more than just be a sweet spoiled sister to her.I know i could have been more loving.i miss her more than anything else.i thought i have moved on but i still wish she's around for me.i want her to see how i lead my life.i want her to know how i try to be a good elder sister and daughter.i want so much for her to know that she will never be forgotten.i miss her voice.her lovely face.i miss her smile and i miss her when she would just lay in bed beside me or in between me and bro.i am a bit emotional now.i dont care.i want her to know she's missed and im reminded to spend time with people who matter to me.i am reminded to let people know how important they are no matter how far.it doesnt matter.i dont want to miss another day not telling them i love them.i want them to know more than anything else i am always here for them.

here's the poem for all of you.

Remember the day I borrowed your brand new car and I dented it?
I thought you'd kill me but you didn't.
And remember the time i dragged you to the beach, and you said it would
rain, and it did?
I thought you'd say, "I told you so." But you didn't.
Do you remember the time I flirted with all the guys to make you jealous, and
you were?
I thought you'd leave me but you didn't.
Do you remember the time I spilled strawberry pie all over your car rug?
I thought you'd hit me, but you didn't.
And remember the time I forgot to tell you the dance was formal and you
showed up in jeans?
I thought you'd drop me, but you didn't.
Yes, there were lots of things you didn't do.
But you didn't put up with me, and you loved me, and you protected me.
There were lots of things I wanted to make up to you when you returned from
Viet Nam.
But you didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment