Sunday, April 4, 2010

A Radical way of celebrating life


i was very lucky this year because my birthday fell on a good friday.well, i guess lucky is not the appropriate word.. blessed is. I was blessed because i was given the chance to commemorate two special occasions that would remind me of my humanity and Christ's too.Because i was kind of tired and sick from our escapade at galera (not to mention my skin that's awesomely red!), i decided to simply stay at home and pray and read and what have you.I knew that i had previously said YES to mark and Francis' invitation to be with them in Pangasinan.I had a hard time deciding because my body was really wanting to just linger in bed.Usually too, i didnt go out during my birthday.I was used to celebrating it alone or with the street kids or in the mountains of Bukidnon.I simply wanted to give that day to myself.Added to that was the fact that during holy week, I usually just also stayed home..but not this year.i finally packed my few clothes and went to Katipunan at around eleven in the evening on a wednesday.i had to sleep at the Condo because we would be leaving early morning the next day.The traffic was pestering me already.We were on the road for like 6 hours..I must admit i was getting so impatient and sick from the travel.Of course, I had also great moments with mark and francis.It was just my skin was so hot so i was very uncomfortable.anyway, we stopped by tarlac (hacienda luisita )to have our breakfast, took some pictures, then drove again to our destination.we arrived at Villa Carolina at around one.the place had a great view of the beach.we had simple lunch of 'grilled bangus and liempo." i had a great time eating but was a bit pissed off when i learned that we were charged 450 pesos just for that.I was totally numbed!still, it didnt dampen my spirit.i ws beginning to love the place because it was entirely so laidback.we rested for a few minutes then headed to the lighthouse.I've heard that it was the tallest lighthouse in the philippines.I had to really hid from the sun's biting heat because i felt my skin's really damaged.I felt so nostalgic when we were lying on the sand of Patar beach.I was thinking of my late grandmother.i was thinking of my brother.he was my constant partner in going to the beach despite mom's disapproval.goofying with mark and francis made my day crazier.Listening to the music from Francis' ipod made me want to fall into deep slumber.I was lying there big time.i didnt mind that there were people passing by.it was just the time i needed to commune with myself and my GOD!i didnt really swim the whole time but simply witnessing the sun slowly disappearing was a beauty to behold.my heart leapt just by being there.it was only during those moments that i could recognize more fully how manifold GOD's love was.Dinner was made of sardines and rice, sausage and corned beef and fish with tomates, iced tea and mangoes.The first night was so splendid.WE were just there lying in the sand with the candles lit and half buried.(Thanks to Francis' creativity) We were literally stargazing.It was so overwhelming that i really wanted to cry.It was few hours before my birthday and i was just so thankful i was there.

I felt i was simply brought to some special moments with my GOD.He just knew how I needed those times.I was also exchanging messages with JV who happened to play significant parts of my nightdreams.i had to settle things with him.I was glad we talked.My friends finished their beer and then we went to our room.I was sleeping so soundly.I was so grateful.

On the day of my birthday, I wore my sundress. We went to the town to visit the church.It was an old church but it's beauty was so magical.we went inside to pray and headed back to the resort.on our way, we bought some fish and fruits for our lunch and dinner.after our sumptous meal, the three of us invaded the singing arena.(LOL) we technically sang to our hearts' content only to be a bit embarrassed by no less than the owner herself.well, it didnt dampen my spirit.though, she did make such a great impact.It was a good friday too.We rested on a cottage after that, read books and tried to nap.I was able to finish Tom Clancy's Patriot Games.I almost cried.It was a great novel.We slept a bit early after having our last dinner there.We left the resort at around eleven then proceeded to the enchanted cave.We drove to Tummy teasers and had pizza which was the specialty of the house for our lunch.Then we headed back to Manila.Francis drove so well that we reached home after a matter of only four hours or so.I was tired when i got home but I was so happy.I felt the inner peace once again and I was ready to let go more.It was a birthday that's so different from the usual birthdays i had. It was a good friday that's far more different from the other good fridays, yet they were two occasions that made me closer to HIM..to the one who made me little less than HIMSELF but has given me so much more than what I expected.As I opened my facebook, I was bombarded with a lot of greetings from people.I was so touched that I finally broke into tears.My life has been so blessed that I want to give back more.I am a teacher and will always be a teacher.This is the best thing GOD has given me.The two day encounter with him at Bolinao affirmed HIS Love for me more than ever.Until now, My heart is vulnerable to crying because I am so filled with joy.I dont know how long this bliss lasts..i pray it will be forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment