Sunday, February 26, 2012

Ahhh, life

Jesu-and-me

There is a thin line that separates peace and anxiety at the moment. It is actually felt for a while now. There is a sense of contentment within but at the same time life has brought me the humdrum cycle as i deal with it daily.
After all the madness of writing my thesis, all the exicement died down and I realized one thing again. ..that everything passes and ceases at the same time. Because of this, I suddenly become resign to the fact that all efforts done will be doomed for nothing when life stops. Then I want to stay laidback and forget about deadlines and obligations.
I start waking up without any sense of meaning at all. I lost the childlike joy and I sometimes dread the routine. There is boredom felt. I dislike this.
The only thing that excites me is being in the shala and explore the poses. I am excited as to whether or not I'll get to bind my arms in all those Marichyasanas. As I progress with each pose, I am grateful to accept the gift of strength and flexibilty. Doing my full backbends , with the full drop backs, overwhelms me. It is fascinating to see how my body could still bend like that and stand with controlled breathes.
I love that each time I explore my body, I am also able to grow deep within specially in my understanding and appreciation of how beautiful God is and how good He must be that he allowed this self to receive this yogic life.
Then there are people that make the practice more life giving.The yogins who, I believe, are also undergoing the same journey.
Life outside the mat is a different story. I am faced with nothingness at times. The routine of life gets dreadful at some point. There is less meaning in the things I am doing, even my teaching. I am simply wanting change. I am simply wanting adventure...out there
This too shall pass. Boredom ceases without my knowing it. I believe the universe is vast enough for me to trod. It will take some time again before i realize that I am entering another great journey.
ahhh, life and its grandeur indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment