Saturday, October 29, 2011

Family

I was with my brother last night for dinner with a bottle of red wine.We talked a lot about our family, our frustrations, disppointments, dreams and plans for everyone at home. I felt relieved having shared with him what I have been going through inside about this family. It was nice knowing we share the same feelings and thoughts. Most of the things discussed were circled on disappointments over the vicious cycle that has been going around for years. It is really putting a heavy burden on our chest. I was glad we talked again.It was good to know i have a brother out there.

I woke up today perplexed. Apart from my sore muscles from the intense yoga yesterday, I am totally burdened about my family. I know i dont have to but I cant help it. I felt annoyed and disappointed. Is this really what family is all about....Where everyone seems to just depend from you all their lives? Do i sound selfish?I feel I am not growing an inch when it's all about them. I dont know.Is there really a way out?Sometimes, Id rather forget everything. Sometimes I even think of why on earth could i not choose the kind of family I should be in. It's not for me to answer, I know. There are reasons why things happen. The least that I can do is accept things as they are and just do what i can do about some hitches. Less expectations , less worries.

My brother and I realized that our family has contributed a lot to the kind of persons we are to day. Our strong personalities have been influenced much by the genes that we have. There is nothing we can do about that. We just have to overcome those that are not pleasant. I am glad I have a strong faith in a Higher being. I guess He is leading me to the right direction.

I still need to grow each day and it's not a piece of cake. It means hard work. Family is always family. It's the only one I have . I just pray things are going to fine, really fine.....

No comments:

Post a Comment