Thursday, July 28, 2011

Three Nights in Singapore

I have missed writing.I have been very busy the past few days.Specifically, I went to Singapore for a three day vacation with Reena and Jay R. I had a blast, I must say.


With Jay r and Reena upon arrival


It was my first trip abroad and I was a little jittery knowing that the Immigration officials might find reason for me not to travel.I was glad I made it without difficulty.It was just disappointing that someone who didnt know exactly about travelling had to scare us off but that was forgiven.



the skyscrapers

Travel was fun.After more than three hours we arrived safely.Jay R was already waiting for us.I love taking the taxi, the bus and of course the train. Food was also fantastic.I felt like I was still in Manila but it's just the cleaner and more peaceful version.I love people watching.It's a nice way to learn other culture.



My first bus ride

Visiting the temples was the best thing for me. I had the chance to meditate shortly at the Buddhist temple.Peace overwhelmed me.

There were friendships made too.I was being introduced to some of Jay r's choirmates.They were such good company.

at the Buddhist temple

The weather was humid i must say.Still, it didnt dampen my spirit.It was a great moment for me to be away from my computer for a few days.Forgetting that i had so much work to do was kind of surreal but that was what actually happened.I was also glad that i was able to do yoga in our hotel room.My two buddies also joined me.Jay r even did a backbend.What an achievement!

I arrived in Manila last Tuesday.I didnt get a good sleep as we travelled so late.It was raining profusely and as of my writing this, the sun has not been that generous enough.I am still glad I made it to Singapore.I am very grateful for Reena and Jay R for being very good to me.Their generosity is always appreciated.

I am looking forward for my next Asian travel.I hope i can make it to Malaysia for the conference.In shallah, yes!

Here are some photos of my three day escapade...


that's the Mandarin behind us

with reen while waiting for the movie (WUXIA) to start


green and red ladies at the poolside

infront of the Hindu temple
 
First food @a Thai resto--soft crabss...


yoga at the hotel


Reen and I eating ice cream ..it's just a hot day!

with Rocio by the bay

Under my umbrella

 
at the airport, going back home


No comments:

Post a Comment