Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My practice today

 

yoga excercising chaturanga dandasana
a girl doing chaturanga dandasa, taken from http://www.canstockphoto.com/yoga-excercising-chaturanga-dandasana-5895482.html
 

My practice at the shala today was a bit clumsy.I know that I am not supposed to judge but for the sake of my writing here , allow me to.

Upon entering the studio, there were already other women practicing with the teacher.I had to stay in front since I could not find any other spot.I started my practice with my savasana as usual then did my surya namaskar.My teacher was busy attending to the other students. I was a bit conscious doing my vinyasa because I knew i wasnt doing the most exact thing.Teacher assisted me and showed me how to do it.I was a bit clumsy doing what I was told to do.I was totally distracted.Anyway, I went on with my practice, paying close attention to what I was supposed to correct.I did the entire sequence, as far as I could remember.I wanted to practice the headstand thing but my teacher was very busy attending to a new student so I decided to end my asanas. I wasnt really satisfied with what i did.Now, I am putting pressure to myself.I guess I am defying yoga principle..Letting go.

My teacher talked to me afterwards.I was grateful she took the time to sit down and gave her feedbacks.She told me I was very flexible and that my only issue was to really work on my Chaturanga Dandasana.I need to really strengthen my arms and legs.I was challenged with what she said and she promised that we would be working on this concern on my next practice.

I went home still thinking about what transpired today. I wanted so much to be stronger physically.I tried doing the exact thing on the mat again.I was sweating but my pose was still awkward.I read again the book given by Jon.I saw how he did it.I guess it will take me a while to do it. Still, I wont give up.

Why do i feel so challenged today?Why do i seem to be worried about not making the right thing? I honestly know the answer my friends.I am entering my crucial week again. I need to breathe more or else I'll be consumed by the cycle. God bless me!

Yoga is about union Yoga is about letting go and letting be.Yoga is about being PRESENT!.Now, where am I? hmmm,

Time to teach now.May the universe bring me closer to bliss today..even.

OM.

No comments:

Post a Comment